JAI 162 and SUO 69 - Shaving Cream Technique and Anything Sizzix

Hi!  Welcome back to the pre-MDS 'me'.  It's been over 2 months since I've entered a challenge and  also made a card with real ink and stamps!  I'm on holidays and had a whole afternoon today to get 'inky'. Yay!

The girls at Just Add Ink inspired me to call into the supermarket on my way home from work on Friday, to purchase a can of shaving cream/foam.  I've really wanted to try out the marbling technique using re-inkers and the fore mentioned 'product' for absolutely ages.  The JAI Challenge Blog have a great challenge to, 'Just Add a Technique You've Never Tried Before!'  So I did.

The majority of my cards involve using the Big Shot so I've 'double dipped' and entered my cards in the SUO Challenge to use 'Anything Sizzix'.

I had fun and messed up my craft desk again!

#1


The next card was inspired by the scraps sitting on my desk and I love how the subtle marbling on the doily turned out.

#2

It was so good to have the time to get back into my craft room after a 2 month break. I'll be back with one more project that I made today and then I probably won't have another opportunity to craft again until next week :(

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Nikki Spencer said…
They are "GORGEOUS" Bron! Lovely colours and such great layouts. Especially love the second one with it's pretty butterflies and soft doily colours.xxx
Lovely to see you at Just Add Ink.
Christine Blain said…
LOVE blue and green together ... great combo for this technique, Bron. Isn't it fun?! As always, I love what you've made. Great to have you playing along with us at Just Add Ink. xx
Anonymous said…
Ohhh Bron I love both of these. They are fabulous. The shaving foam is a great fun technique isnt it. Chantell JAI
Mae's Cachet said…
So glad our challenge inspired you to get 'inky' again Bron. I love the colour combo you used and the effect you got with the marbles and shaving foam, especially the subtleness on the doily. I must try this one myself sometime!
Jodene said…
Just gorgeous Bron! I love the shaving cream technique .. and the bonus is it smells so good too! :) It's so nice to see your cards in our challenge at JAI this week xx
Anonymous said…
Love the look of using shaving cream. That's a very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with SUO Challenges.
Julie Gearinger said…
Love both cards!! The texture and that shaving cream technique- wow!! That is one I will have to try soon- thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges :-)
Mike & Pam said…
I have never seen the shaving cream technique before and I just love what you've done. Beautiful and unique card. Thanks for playing along on SU! Only Challenges.
Connie Babbert said…
I think that shaving cream technique gives such a COOL look to cards! Love the colors you used, too. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!
Karen Barber said…
GORGEOUS creations, both of your shaving cream beauties!!!