Dynamic Duos #16 and Some News


DD #16 - Friends are like Pockets
 
Remember my 'Totally Tags' demo in July?  This is the very last example that I have to share with you in that series.  It was made using the latest challenge colours for Dynamic Duos.


The Black Tie Challenge this week is to use River Rock and Basic Black in your project with Brads as a Dessert Option.


My card was made from a sheet of paper from the Denim Bloc pack by Joy Crafts. The 'black denim jeans' were perfect for the option of adding brads (3 different SU ones used in this project).

The River Rock tags were made from textured card stock using the three sizes of tags from the Nestabilities dies from Spellbinders and stamped with the sentiment from Pocket Fun (SU-retired).

I used a craft knife to cut along the edges of the 'pockets' and placed a foam dot (dimensional) on the inside of both sides of the pocket, just below the opening to allow for easy access for the tags.
                                               
                                   
If you're interested, here's a link to another card that I made from the same pad of Denim Bloc papers -


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.  I hope you can join us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Be sure to check out all the other Dynamos for some awesome Black Tie projects to get you inspired -


Some News -
I've decided to have break from blogging for a while and this also means that I have stepped down as a Design Team Member with Dynamic Duos and Just Add Ink.

My love of card making hasn't diminished but work commitments have stepped up a notch with the need to spend more hours at home working on implementing the Australian Curriculum, changing the way I document my planning, evaluation and reporting. I teach at a small Independent Christian School and this whole process requires an audit of the curriculum that we currently use.  It's a busy time but thankfully God has renewed my passion for teaching (I was almost at the point of 'chucking it all in') but instead I'm looking forward to working through this transitional phase.

On another note, it's almost Spring in Australia, a new season to look forward to and also the start of a new 'decade' for me as I turn 50 and celebrate this milestone with a holiday to Fiji with hubby.

I appreciate all those people that stop by my blog and leave some comment love, who keep on buying my tutorials (I feel so blessed) and send me lovely emails.  Thank you.  This isn't a goodbye ... as I know I will be back at some stage.  So until then ... happy crafting!

 


Comments

Christine Blain said…
Bron, this is FABULOUS! What a great take on the DD challenge; I love it. Whilst it's rather sad to say goodbye to you, from the DTs, I know there is much for you to look forward to, and I wish only the best for you, my friend. xx
Heather said…
Thankyou for the inspiration not only by way of your cards which are always gorgeous but the fabulous blog itself.
Lisa Elton said…
What a fun card, love the way you've tucked your tags into the pocket!

Sorry to see you leave the team Bronwyn, you'll be missed. Blessings to you and have fun in Fiji!!
Kim S said…
Life does change and it can be so exciting. You sound like you are renewed and I am glad for you. But I am sad for me as I will miss your inspiration!
Victoria H. said…
What a great card! I love your creativity.
Nikki Spencer said…
Another great inspirational project from you Bron and a very clever idea too!
Once again l will miss your presence at JAI, but l know life is steering you in a different direction for now. Enjoy the journey Bron and have a fantastic time in Fiji celebrating a wonderful milestone. Hug's to you always. xxx
Karen Aicken said…
Oh Bronwyn - I was so disappointed to hear you will be stepping down from the Dynamic Duo's Design Team. I always looked forward to your creations!
I wish you nothing but the best as you embark on these next milestones.
Cheers, Karen
Anne Marie Hile said…
Bronwyn, I'm sad! Sad that your are leaving us at Dynamic Duos, but I do understand how tough it is to balance a full workload. I am so happy and excited for you as you move toward the new chapter in your teaching career. :) Wishing you all the best and I will keep in touch with you for sure. Have fun in Fiji, too! Ahhh, that sounds like an awesome vacation!

Love your cool card, this week! The tags in the pocket are such a fun touch and the brads look great! Have a great day! Big hugs!
Susan Joyce said…
Hi Bronwyn, Love your pockets and all of the tags and the finishing touches you used.
Sorry to see you leave the Dynamic Duos design team, best wishes for a fantastic holiday and much happiness with your future endeavours.
Bron - this is extremely cool! I love that DSP and the tags are a very clever idea! I'm really sad that you will be having a break from blogging and leaving the JAI DT. Although I completely understand that sometimes you need to adjust your life to be able to balance your work life. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pop back and and find you blogging again soon!
Tracey McNeely said…
Your card has fun written all over it, fantastic!
JD/ Jill said…
This is a fun creative card, very nicely done.
Sam said…
I'll miss your beautiful creations Bronwyn, and will be looking forward to you coming back to us with more beautiful designs.

In the mean time, I hope everything goes smoothly with your curriculum implementation, thank you for being such a dedicated teacher of our next generations, have a wonderful Fiji Holiday, and HAPPY 50th!!!!!!!! May all your dreams come true :-).

Hugs,
Sam.
Hi Bronwyn! This card is amazing! It looks so 3D and I was wondering how you did it! Know exactly where you are at, Bronwyn! As much I love card making & blogging it is kinda "free-ing" to train myself that I don't have to be here every day! Life has its cycles ... And there are times for play ... But also times when commitments overwhelm & we need to make changes. Good on you for recognising that! I wish you all the best in your most important job ... And hope the transition goes well! (my daughter - who also teaches at a small independent Christian school - is gearing up for the new curriculum too!) I will keep you subscribed so if & when you pop by ... I will know! Hugs xxx
Anonymous said…
Very cool card Bron!
We will always be friends..you, me and the JAI team. Enjoy that trip to Fiji my friend and hope things settle down on the teaching front. look forward to your creations on here always..