Just Add Ink Challenge #27 - Sketch

Retro Fresh

Hi there! There's a sketch challenge on at Just Add Ink this week and not only do I consider sketch challenges to be my all-time favourite, but the sketch itself is awesome. I know I'll be using it again and again!!!

I had so many ideas floating around in my head for this sketch that it was hard to make a choice. In the end I chose to highlight the 'Cheep Talk' stamp set as it is on special this month with the Two-Step Stamping Promotion. It has been reduced from $47.95 down to $38.36. What a bargain and what a cute set!

I must admit I had to blow the dust off it as I hadn't used Cheep Talk for ages and now that I've re-discovered its cute factor, I'll be bringing it out again real soon.


Can you guess which pages of the Idea Book and Catalogue (2009-2010) that I used for inspiration?


I purposefully made a Thank You Card to give to a dear friend who cooked our family a yummy meal last week and brought it round. She knew that I hadn't been well. Thanks so much, Janice, for your thoughfulness. It got the thumbs up from all family members as it was really scrumptious.



You'll have to agree that this sketch is AWESOME -
I hope you have fun playing along with this one. I certainly did.

Photographing this card was a different story though. This was the third attempt as the fog began to lift at 11.30am on Monday morning and there was a peep of sunshine so I grabbed the rare moment of opportunity and a touch up from Photoshop to finally complete the mission. It had taken several days due to the bad weather and there were 3 separate car pile ups on the same stretch of road in Launceston due to the fog on Monday as well!

Even my hubby said to me the other day, "Well, I don't really want to encourage you or anything but I saw this photo box on sale when I went to pick up the computer from the repair place". You can guarantee that as soon as I'm not house bound with this lousy infection, I'll be paying that place a visit!!

Roll on Spring and the new Catalogue Mmmm .. I'm so glad my birthday is the same time as the release date for the new catalogue as it will certainly solve the family dilemma of what to get 'mum'. I'm even more excited that the pre-release date for SU Demonstrators is only a few sleeps away and we can take a peep at some of the exciting new products/colours that will be on offer!


Here's the Project Recipe for Retro Fresh -
Inspiration: From pages 10 and 11 of the current Idea Book and Catalogue.
Stamp Sets: Cheep Talk, Really Retro
Ink: Rose Red, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Textured Rose Red, Textured Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Accessories: Dimensionals, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brad, Hemp Twine, Piercing Tool, Large Oval, 1" Circle, Word Window and Scallop Edge Punches, SU Lots of Tags Sizzlits 4-Pack Die


Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Paula Dobson said…
So cute and fresh Bron. Janice will be thrilled with this card. Hope you are feeling better now :-)
Patrice said…
I love this card Bronwyn, really fun and funky!
Anonymous said…
This is gorgeous, so bright and funky, I love it!
Gardenia
Karen said…
Hi Bron!!! This is such a happy fresh looking little card - I just love it! Great job!

That sketch was so fun to play long with!

Karen
x
Jodene said…
This is such a sweet, sweet card Bronwyn! Love the colours. I had forgotten I had that set ... I know, how could I! I love what you have done with it so I may have to case this one ;)
Anonymous said…
This is one of my favourite cards of yours..well there is many in my fave folder lol but I love this card Bron!
Susan Joyce said…
Love your card Bronwyn. The colours and dimension are fabulous.
kareN stampZ said…
love it & off to make one now - it's so bright & cheery just what we need on a chilly winter day
Danielle Daws said…
LOVE it! This is the first card that's made me really want that set!!
Christine Blain said…
Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE your colour choices, Bron - I just have to CASE this one, if that's okay by you. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it (and that's been several so far!).